Frequently Asked Questions

Does it cost anything to go to DCEC?
No, school is free, including the necessary textbooks.

When do I need to enroll at DCEC?
If you are enrolling in the Public School Program, you must enroll during the first week of each semester (September or February). You can enroll in the Adult Learning Programs at any time.

Why do I need an assessment test?
An assessment test is used prior to enrolling in the Adult Learning Programs to test your knowledge of math and English to help determine what level you should be placed in.

How old do I have to be to enroll in the Adult Learning Programs?
You must be 19 or over and have not been in the Public School Program for one year.

Are there any documents that are required by DCEC?
A copy of your transcript from another high school is needed if you have any grade 10, 11 or 12 credits. These credits can be used towards your high school diploma.